Principles of Organization
The basic principles of organization are as follows
1) Unity of objective :- an organization structure is sound when it facilitates the accomplishment of objectives. Therefore, the organization as a whole & every part of it must be geared to the basic objectives of the enterprise.
2) Division of work :- the activites of every member of the organization should be confined as far as possible to the performance of a single function .
3) Scalar principle :- there should be a clear chain of command extending from top to bottom of the organization . every subordinate should know who his superior is & who his subordinate are.
4) Functional definition :- the duties , authority and responsibilities of every position should be clearly defined so as to avoid duplication of work.
5) Exception principle :- only exceptional matters which are beyond the authority of lower level person should be referred to higher level .this is also know as authority level principle.
6) Unity of command :- each subordinate should have only one superior whose command he has to obey .this is necessary to ensure disciple & to fix responsibility for result.
7) Efficiency :- the organization structure should facilitate the achievement of objective at minimum possible cost.It should permit the optimum use of resources.
8) Continuity :- proper arrangement should be made for the training & development of executives.
9) Facilitation of leadership :- organization structure should be so deviced that there is though opportunity for the management to give effective leadership to the enterprise .
10) Coordination :- the organization structure should facilitate unity of effort & coordination among different individual and groups channel of communication should be open and clear .
Also Read: Rational Decision Making
Powered By 360Presence
Principles of Organization Principles of Organization